MAP Sunday School Registrations for the upcoming 2015-2016 School Year will take place on Sunday, Aug 23rd at the Masjid between 11am to 2pm followed by an ice cream social with teachers and staff. A few important notes about the registration day:
- If you can print and fill out the registration form at home, it may speed up the process. You can download the registration form from here. We will also need the last three pages (pages 10-12) of the Parent Handbook signed.
- Please check the books your child has at home from previous years before coming as we will be using some books for several years (in particular Noorani Qaidah and Juz Amma). Here is the list of books by grade level for the upcoming year.
- Please bring multiple checks as we will require a separate check for registration, book purchases and membership (if you are not a member).
- Minimum enrollment age is 5 and cut off date is Aug 31st. That is, your child must be born on or before Aug 31st, 2010 to enroll at the school.
- We will hold a late registration day on Aug 30th at 11am - 12noon. After August 30th, we will assess a late registration fee of $25 per student.
This year, we are making important changes in the curriculum and class structure.
- School will consist of two one-hour classes, followed by a 15-minute Assembly class.
- In the first hour, we will cover Qur'an and Arabic as a combined curriculum. In this hour we will mainly focus on being able to read Qur'anic text and understanding surahs and their lessons.
- In the second hour, we will cover Islamic Studies as we did in previous years, but will also add "salah" as a new subject to the curriculum. Every week, we will dedicate a portion of the class in teaching students how to perform salah (in practice) and various related subjects (e.g., taharah, jamaah).
- In the 15-minute Assembly class (to be held in the masjid) we will cover important themes, events, activities in an assembly setting.
- The year is split into two equal semesters, 16 weeks each. Fall semester will end on January 24th and Spring semester will start the following week on January 31st. Please see the school calendar for details.
- Modified curriculums and new lesson plans will be available for parents at the beginning of school year.
As always, school staff and teachers are excited to welcome your child(ren) to our school for a new and exciting year. We hope to see you all on Sunday, Aug 23rd.
MAP Sunday School