- Since our youth group is pretty big this year, they will hold their classes in the masjid. Therefore, masjid will not be available for parents who are waiting for their kids. Please use the social hall for that.
- Zuhr prayer is an essential part of our school schedule, but we have to give up from social distancing requirements to accommodate 100+ students in the masjid at the same time. Therefore, we will hold two separate zuhr prayers this year. The first prayer will be at 1:25pm for older grades (levels 5, 6, 7, and youth group) and the second prayer will be at the usual time (1:35pm) for the younger grades. We ask that older grades leave the masjid area as soon as they are done with the prayers (either go outside or to the social hall) to make room for the younger grades. All teachers are required to accompany their students throughout the prayer.
- We will not have assembly this semester for the same reason
- We will still hold lunch and recess as before, but we will serve the lunch in the school building for those classes located in the school building. Youth group and level 5 will use the social hall for lunch. Lunch is the only time students are allowed to remove their masks. Therefore, we ask them to keep their distances while eating.
- Here is the new school schedule:
- 10:55am : students and teachers report to the classrooms
- 11am - 12pm: First period (Qur’an)
- 12pm- 12:35pm: Lunch and recess
- 12:35pm - 1:35pm: Second period (Islamic studies)
- 1:25pm: Zuhr prayer for Grades 5, 6, 7, and Youth Group
- 1:35pm: Zuhr prayer for Grades KG, 1, 2, 3, 4
- 1:45pm: School is dismissed
Due to ongoing pandemic, we will implement the following changes:
Registrations for the 2021-2022 school year has started. Registrations will be done online. Last day to register is Friday, Aug 27th. Book sales will be done on the first day of the school (Sep 12th) @ 10am. Please follow the instructions on our parents page or the school app to complete your registration.
Dear Students and Parents, Assalamu Alaikum,
We hope everyone is having a wonderful summer. Our Sunday School is scheduled to open the second week of September and we are about to start the registration process. Here is a brief overview of what is coming:
MAP Sunday School would like to extend our prayers and well wishes to the Khawaja family as they leave the Pittsburgh region.
For several years now, Omar and Nadia Khawaja have generously devoted their time and effort to MAP Sunday School. Omar has served as Level 7 Quran instructor, led many presentations for school assembly, assisted with information security initiatives for school administration and office staff, coordinated many service projects for students, along with many other contributions with daily school activities.
Nadia has served as Level 7 Islamic Studies instructor prior to leading and developing the MAP Youth Group where she has successfully led the students in weekly classroom lectures and halaqas, coordinated Fun Days, planned community service projects, led interfaith meetings with local religious organizations, directed youth in planning community activities including Family Night, along with many other youth related activities.
This highlights only some of the many contributions they have generously provided to our school and our community as a whole. Their dedication and tireless effort to MAP Sunday School will be missed but will also provide motivation to continue the efforts they have spearheaded in our school and community.
On behalf of the students, parents, and teachers and staff Sr. Azra, Br. Sami and Br. Hafeez organized a visit to family's home in June and presented them a small gift as a token of our appreciation. Below is a picture from that visit. May Allah bless Omar and Nadia and their children, Aiyla, Amalie and Zayd with success and happiness in all their future endeavors. Ameen.
Dear Parents and Guests,
Our graduation day is scheduled for Sunday, April 11th @11am-1pm. Due to ongoing pandemic this will be an outdoor activity with some restrictions. Parent and guest parking will be limited to the front of the building as shown in green color in the below image. Once you park, you are expected to go to the teachers station in the lower parking lot (shown with purple) to pick your students gifts and report cards as well as tickets for food. Then go to the food truck station in the upper parking lot to pick up your gyro and ice cream using the tickets you picked up in the previous station. Then pick a socially distant area in the lower parking lot or the grass to enjoy your food and socialize with other community members. If you have some picnic chairs at home, please bring them with you. Here are some high level guidelines:
2020-2021 was a challenging year for all of us due to pandemic. Alhamdulillah we made it. Below is a brief look-back to the year compiled from pictures sent by parents. Please also see the slideshow we shared with students and parents on the last day of the school to show our appreciation to everyone who helped us in the process.
As previously announced we will have our graduation day on April 11th @11am-1pm at MAP Parking lot. Students and parents will get a chance to see their teachers and friends in person, pick up their certificates and gifts, and enjoy gyros, fries, and ice cream. We ask that everyone wear their masks and maintain social distancing during the event.
Registration is required for this event. Please use the following form to complete your registration latest by April 4th:
We realize that last 11 months have been quite tiring for both students and parents due to pandemic. Our students have been forced to sit in front of a computer or tablet for both regular school and Sunday school. Parents are also required to spend extra time helping their younger kids with the process. As a result, our teachers and school management decided to take some of this burden off of the students and parents during Ramadan. We decided to shorten the last quarter of the school year to 3 weeks from the usual 8 weeks so that we can end the school before Ramadan. Below is the modified school calendar:
We are planning to have an in person graduation day in the masjid parking lot by observing social distancing rules. Details of the graduation day will be announced later.
Dear Parents, Assalamu Alaikum,
You should all have received a subscription email from Faith Essentials today. This is an online Islamic Education platform that is relevant for all family members. They have a very well structured curriculum delivered by well known speakers like Dr. Yasir Qadhi, Sh. Omar Suleiman, Ust. Yasmin Mogahed, etc. Regularly, this is a $15/month service, but we are providing this service to our students and their families free of charge. We paid the dues through February 27th. We will renew the service next semester based on the feedback we receive from you. That is, if you and your children are benefiting from the service, we’ll continue to pay for it until the end of the school year.
When you open the email you received from Faith Essentials, you will be asked to go to the portal (https://portal.faithessentials.online/) and login using the email address provided in the email you received. Instructions in the email are not very clear, but the first time you login you need to select the option that says “Forgot your password?” at the bottom of the page and enter your email address. This will send you an email to reset your password. After resetting your password, just login and start using the service.
A few points:
We hope you start using the platform right away.